Top 10 Best Steam Cleaners to Buy in 2019 - Buyer's Guide
Turning the arduous and time-consuming chore of cleaning into a simple activity doesn’t require magic. All it takes is steam. Yes! Steam cleaning is one of the best choices you can make to clean your space in an efficient and environmentally-friendly way.
We all know that homes with children and/or pets need constant cleaning. But the present hectic lifestyles don’t let you do it all day. So, what’s the next best alternative to constant cleaning? Bring home one of the perfect steam cleaners.
By heating up to produce steam that can cut across the toughest of grime and germs without using any harsh chemical-laden detergent, a steam cleaner can be one of the wisest investments for your place.
Now, while you may want to give your home a good deep cleaning effect and kill all the germs, bacteria, dust mites, etc. with ease, selecting a steam cleaner isn’t as easy as you may think. With a wide range of options that exist in the market, it can be pretty daunting.
Well then, how do you find the right product in this plethora of steam cleaning devices?
Top 10 Steam Cleaners of 2019 (Selected by Experts):
1) Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop (S3601D)
Built with a steam pocket that sanitizes from all sides to clean hard floors perfectly, there’s really no reason why this mop wouldn’t be a great fit for every cleanliness lover. It strikes a successful balance of being able to provide superior cleaning along with faster dry times.
But what really sells the Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop is that it is perfect for sanitization. With just ordinary tap water converted into super-heated steam, this mop kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria including, e-coli, staph, salmonella and the virus that causes H1N1.
- With Swivel Steering, it is easy to maneuver into hard to reach places
- Comes with Three Steam Settings
- Its super-heated steam gets ready in 30 seconds
- Gives 99.9% sanitization on hard floors without using harsh chemicals
- The Shark Steam Pocket technology offers double-sided cleaning with every pad
- Carpet Glider helps in freshening and deodorizing rugs and carpet
2) Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Imagine a steam cleaner that has a large capacity which can give up to 50 minutes of cleaning time. That’s what the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is all about. And besides cleaning and disinfecting, it can sanitize, degrease and deodorize as well.
Considering the fact that it can kill 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, mold, and other elements from your place, it is a blessing in disguise. You can use it on any type of floors, appliances, furniture, grout, tiles, and the rest. Designed aesthetically, this machine is full of features that make it one of the best in the lot.
- Equipped with Steam Lock functionality for continuous steam cleaning action
- Best for removing dirt, grease, and stains while killing 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and more.
- Works on all types of surfaces
- Requires ordinary tap water
- Low-moisture superheated steam up to 275°F/135°C
- Comes with a retractable handle
3) McCulloch Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
Chances are if you’re looking for the best steam cleaner, you’re looking for something that’s powerful yet easy to use. And, in that case, the MC1275 Heavy Duty by McCulloch is a clear winner. With 1500 watts of steam power, this one works without a fuss.
And with a quick heat up, it won’t waste your precious time when you want to clean your place fast. This steam cleaner comes with a wide variety of attachments which make cleaning different surfaces easy as a breeze. That’s why it’s the ideal choice for effective as well as efficient cleaning.
- 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and gives up to 45 minutes of steam
- An ideal choice for most of the flooring types, appliances, tiles, grouts, fixtures, and even for furniture.
- Optional lockable steam trigger for continuous cleaning
- Offers chemical free cleaning
- Comes with 18 versatile accessories for different steam cleaning jobs
4) Sienna Luna Plus Steam Cleaning System
If you fancy yourself as someone who is contemporary, go for the Luna Plus. Being the first ever steam cleaning system that combines Sonic Micro Pulse Vibration Technology, it is the smartest of its counterparts. This technology does wonders when it comes to cleaning, thanks to the scrubbing effect that it provides.
What’s more? It gets ready to powerfully clean and sanitize in as less as 30 seconds, saving you not just efforts but time as well.
One of the prime steam cleaners in the market today, this product boasts of several incredible features. Some of them are listed below.
- 3 steam control combined with Sonic Micro Pulse Vibration
- High temperature 212 °F germ killing steam
- Lighted Control Panel
- The device stands upright on its own
- Comes with a 12-piece accessory kit and a storage bag
- Energy saving power shut-off feature
5) BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop
Picture the scene: You clean your room with a steam mop and apart from cleaning and sanitizing, it also leaves your place with a fresh scent. Well, that’s not a dream. With the BISSELL power fresh steam mop, it becomes a reality.
Handily, this 1500 watt powered steam cleaner comes with a washable soft mop pad, a washable scrubby mop pad, and two Spring Breeze fragrance discs for a great cleaning performance that makes your place pleasingly fresh. With a smart technology, this product is loaded with excellent features. Take a look below.
- Kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria
- Comes with Febreze spring breeze fragrance discs to provide the much-needed freshness
- The flip-down easy scrubber easily cleans up the toughest messes and spots
- Smart set digital, variable steam control for customized steam cleaning
- Works 2x faster than many other steam mops
6) Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
When it comes to the best steam cleaners out there, the Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner is something of a legend. Leaving no residue behind, it perfectly removes grease and grime with just water. And the on-demand steam gets ready in just 30 seconds!
Its easy maneuverability does the trick of cleaning the tightest of spaces without any difficulty. It is pretty lightweight and compact which means you can store it easily. That said, it comes with a large water tank so you can clean for long without interrupting your cleaning sessions for frequent tank refilling.
- Easy to use and store
- Doesn’t use any chemicals to clean
- Comes with an easy to fill and refill XL removable water tank
- Lightweight and compact
- 18 feet Power Cord
7) McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System
Big, powerful, and multi-purpose, it won’t surprise you to learn that the McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam System is one of the best available today. It can effectively steam and scrub almost all types of surfaces be it in your home, office, workshop, car, or anywhere else.
It’s a cleaner with more steam time and variable steam control to match. With impressive features, this steam system is great at effectively cleaning the toughest of grime. Now, over to its key features.
- Equipped with 23 versatile accessories
- Variable steam settings to customize the steam output
- Has a 64 oz. water tank which heats up in 12 minutes
- Gives up to 120 minutes of continuous steam
- Extra-long 18-foot power cord with integrated corp wrap and on-board storage
8) Steamfast - SF-370WH
There’s a lot to like about the Steamfast SF-370 Canister Steam Cleaner, starting with the claim that it naturally deep cleans and sanitizes without using any harsh chemicals. Offering the ease of use that every homeowner needs, this is a must-have product if you’re looking for a durable cleaner.
Not to miss that it comes with steam-on-demand controls to help you customize the level of steam you want based on the surface you need to clean. And that’s not all, you can even lock it down to get continuous steam for up to 45 minutes.
- Large 45-ounce water tank that gives up to 45 minutes of continuous steam
- 15 versatile accessories
- Steam-on-demand trigger with continuous steam locking switch
- 1500-watt cleaner
- Works using ordinary water heated to over 200º F.
9) O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
An affordable steam mop with an appealing look, this one from O-Cedar can heat from plug-in to steam in only 20 seconds. If you are looking for a lightweight yet equally efficient steam cleaner, then opt for this one without thinking twice.
Just like the rest of its contemporaries, this steam mop comes equipped with adjustable steam settings. And its triangle head is designed to easily reach into the corners and clean them and other hard to reach areas well. A look at some of its important features will tell you more about its awesomeness. Here you go.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria on floors without using chemicals
- Comes with a snap-on glider
- Triangle head to clean hard to reach areas
- Light weight
- Adjustable steam level settings
- Microfiber pad to absorb dirt, dust and bacteria easily
10) LIGHT 'N' EASY Steam Mop 2 in 1 Floor Steamer
This is the ultimate steam cleaner for all kinds of floors. With the capability to vacuum small dust and steam floors at the same time, this is a steal deal for the cleanliness freaks.
And the feature of two convenient foot step on buttons is arguably the most important benefit of this steam cleaner. You can switch between functions and choose between vacuum and steam clean at once or separately.
As for the cleaning power, well, this mop works wonderfully. Its ability to clean almost every type of surface makes it similar to a magic wand.
- 2 Foot Step On Buttons
- Comes with the Pre-Vacuum assist feature
- 120°C PowerFresh Steam Cleaning
- Clean and sanitize without using harsh chemicals
- Remove 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria
Steam Cleaner Buying Guide
The power of steam couldn’t be underestimated. By using hot, evaporating water steam cleaners can cut through the toughest of grime from difficult to reach spots and areas. As far as domestic gadgets go, it is a must buy product. But what to do if you have no clue about the right device to purchase?
Read on to know what you must look for in a steam cleaner to make cleaning simple.
Benefits of Steam Cleaners
Before we discuss the points that you need to remember before buying the best steam cleaner, just let’s understand why you need one in the first place.
- They are pretty effective and can kill 99.99% of bacteria using just water
- Steam cleaning is perfect for people who have allergies
- A steam cleaner is a non-toxic way of cleaning
- This method of cleaning is ideal for almost all types of surfaces
- It dries cleaned surfaces faster than what other methods could do
- It is a great way to clean those hard to reach spots, cracks, and crevices.
- It provides a safe cleaning method for a home that has children and/or pets
Things you must consider before purchasing a Steam Cleaner
Finding the best steam cleaning could be a little tricky when you don’t know what to look for. Fortunately, we have got your back. Read on to know what you need to check before buying a steam cleaner.
Heating duration: Pick a steam cleaner that takes little time to heat up. After all, you won’t want to spend a lot of time waiting for it to be ready. Would you?
Water tank: Look for a water tank that has a large capacity and is removable for easier filling and emptying.
Steam control: It’s quite important to have a steam cleaner that comes with different control settings. This means you can customize the steam output to clean different surfaces easily.
Continuous steam: With a device that produces continuous steam for a good duration, you can ease up your cleaning task considerably.
Surfaces: You can clean a variety of surfaces using a steam cleaner. Understand what your requirements are and select a product that can clean the surfaces you want.
1. Is a steam cleaner safe for all types of surfaces?
Answer: No. While most of the surfaces can be cleaned using a steam cleaner, not all should be. Check your cleaner’s instructions to know which all surfaces can be cleaned using it.
2. Can I add some cleaning solutions to my steam cleaner?
Answer: It isn’t advisable to do so. So, ensure you check the instruction manual before adding anything into it.
3. Will it take a lot of time to dry the surfaces using steam cleaning?
Answer: No. In fact, the steam cleaners are known for reducing dry times effectively.
4. Can steam cleaning kill germs and bacteria too?
Answer: While a lot depends on the time and effectiveness that steam takes to come in contact with bacteria, most steam cleaners do a good job of killing them. Many eliminate mold too.
So, let’s just steam up things!
Make cleaning and sanitizing your home absolutely convenient. Once you will buy and use it, nothing will compare to cleaning your place in a manner as effective as this device would. Go ahead and keep your place as good looking as new and also germ-free for a better, healthier living.