Top 10 Best 240Hz Monitors of 2020 - Buyer's Guide
You may be an avid gamer who loves spending hours playing video games but do you have what it takes to win? Your skills alone won’t help you beat your online gaming rivals unless you get the right professional equipment. One such very important component of your top-of-the-line gaming rig is the monitor.
Choosing a monitor that has a high refresh rate will give you more than just amazing graphics. When you invest in the best 240Hz monitor, you get a fast response time along with a smooth gaming experience for that awesome gameplay. Going beyond the ordinary monitors with lower refresh rates is, thus, important to get that ultimate gaming performance.
Being the hardcore gamer that I am, I have had the privilege to use some of the most powerful displays available in the market. And so, I bring you a list of the top options for the best 240Hz monitors out there. This article will also help you know the benefits of 240Hz monitors and give you the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about them.
So, let’s begin.
Best 240Hz Monitors of 2020 - Expert's Pick
1) ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5” Gaming Monitor
Certainly, a market leader, the ROG Swift PG258Q eSports monitor from ASUS is favored by many professional gamers for more than one reason. With NVIDIA G-SYNC, it removes screen-tearing completely, ensuring a smoother and finer gaming experience.
The 25″ Full HD panel has a 1ms response time and ASUS exclusive Eye Care technology. So, you get hassle-free gameplay without putting too much strain on your eyes. You can also choose it for its frameless design and customizable LED Lighting Effect. Let’s take a look at some of its key features below.
Also Check : Top 10 Best Cheap 144hz Monitors to Buy
- Smart Air Vent design
- Seamless multi-display setups
- VESA wall-mountable
- Blue light filtering
- Flicker-free backlighting
- 1920x1080p resolution
2) Acer Predator XB272 (27" Full HD)
This Acer monitor is sure to give your gaming experience a boost with its excellent specs. Aesthetically, it is beautiful with a TN panel and a 27″ Display with Full HD. And just like its previous rival, the Acer Predator XB272 also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology that removes screen tearing and provides ultimate gameplay.
If you are seeking something extra with built-in eye protection, then this monitor is sure to deliver that as well. Bring it home for its awesome ergonomics which will ensure that your gaming sessions will be without any fatigue.
- It comes with VESA compatible mounting for saving your space
- Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) technology for motions without smearing or ghosting
- Two built-in 2W speakers
- HDMI and DisplayPort
- It is equipped with four high-speed USB 3.0 ports
- Predator GameView technology
3) Acer XF250Q (24.5" Full HD)
The first thing that you will love about this gaming monitor is its flicker-less display. Another G-SYNC compatible display, this one also lets you enjoy your gaming experience to the core. For smooth, tear-free gameplay, make this monitor your best friend.
It comes with a 16:9 aspect ratio, which means all that you get is wonderful and high-quality images that are sharp and bright. Playing on this monitor for hours won’t hurt your eyes, and you can give the credit to Acer EyeProtect’s Flicker-less, Blue Light Filter, ComfyView and Low-dimming technology.
- Zero-Frame Design
- 1ms Response Time
- Two 2W speakers
- Acer VisionCare Technologies
- 90° Pivot with the Acer ErgoStand
- VESA compatible mounting
4) Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2518Hf
With features that set it apart from the rest, Alienware’ s 25-inch AW2518Hf Gaming Monitor is my next best pick for the list, and rightly so. It has 1ms response time and AMD FreeSync technology which means all that you get is an absolutely immersive and smooth gaming experience.
As a gaming monitor, it does more than just providing responsive gameplay. It can wonderfully minimize graphic distortions like tearing. Looks wise too it is a charm – thanks to its silver and black chrome finish and the Alienware badge and lighting. Here are some other important features of this monitor.
- Tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustable
- Comes with a gaming-centric menu and easy-to-use dashboard
- Customizable preset game modes and guiding lines
- Durable and stable stand
- Concealed cables management solution for clutter-free gaming
- On-screen timer
5) Acer Predator XB252Q (24.5-inch Full HD NVIDIA G-SYNC)
Another beast from Acer, the Predator XB252Q Full HD display is pretty similar to its sibling. This one also comes with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and built-in eye protection to provide you trouble-free gaming experience.
However, there is a lot more to like about this monitor. It immerses you in a world of entertainment in such a way that no matter where you look at the screen from, you get a uniform viewing experience devoid of blind spots. And for the fans of ergonomics, the Acer ErgoStand is a boon.
- Equipped with the Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) technology
- Comes with two built-in 2W speakers
- Incredible response time of 1ms
- EyeProtect’s Flicker-less
- Ergonomic stand for comfortable viewing
6) Alienware Gaming Monitor 25 inch - AW2518H
Alienware has designed another amazing monitor for the gaming fanatics in the form of AW2518H. Known for its futuristic style and impressive stability, this monitor comes with a contrast ratio of 1000:1 and has 16.7 million colors of color support.
Just like the AW2518, the AW2518H also has a host of attributes which makes it a revolutionary display in the world of video gamers. Whether you want the best 240Hz monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC or 1ms response time for almost no input lag, this screen offers it all. Additionally, it is compatible with all operating systems too.
- It removes screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and input lag
- Customizable RGB lighting system
- Dynamic on-screen display
- It comes with a height adjustable stand with tilt, swivel and pivot capabilities
7) ASUS ROG Strix XG258Q 24.5” Gaming Monitor
If you are looking for something fairly heavy duty with a good spec list, this is the one to go for. The ROG Strix XG258Q eSports monitor is meant for the eSports fanatic in you. With Aura RGB lighting, it takes your competition level gameplay to a higher level. And thanks to its Adaptive Sync, you can get rid of that annoying screen-tearing.
Make it your video gaming companion, and you will look no further for a display that enables smooth gaming. Plus, the ASUS exclusive eye Care technology is also there to reduce eyestrain.
- 1920×1080 resolution
- 1ms response time
- G-sync compatible and Adaptive Sync
- Game-grade ergonomics
- Flicker-free technology
- Super narrow design to save space
8) ViewSonic XG2560 25 Inch with Eye Care Advanced
It’s not all that easy to find one of the best 240Hz monitor that are extremely fast. But I have found one for you in the ViewSonic XG2560 monitor. Just like many of its competitors listed here, this one too boasts of the NVIDIA’s G-Sync Technology. This is the reason why you can pick it for gameplay that eliminates screen tearing and stuttering for instant reacting.
However, it is the black stabilization that I like the most about this monitor. It helps me target those enemies that are otherwise difficult to detect in the dark. Simply splendid!
- 1ms response time
- Fully adjustable ergonomic stand
- Customizable visual modes for FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- Game Mode Hotkey
- NVIDIA Ultra Low Motion Blur Technology
- Low input lag
9) BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 (24.5 Inch 240Hz Gaming Monitor for Esports)
Another excellent gaming monitor that has set a benchmark in smooth gameplay, the BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 should be your choice if you want flawless transitions and fast-action viewing. And, like the ViewSonic XG2560, it also comes with the Black eQualizer technology to spot hidden enemies that need better visibility.
You also get 20 levels of Color Vibrance settings to create that perfect gaming experience for any game you want to play. Now, let’s check the remarkable features of this 240Hz monitor.
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) which eliminate ghosting and input lag
- Exclusive Color Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology for better visual clarity
- Removable Shield to help you block outside distractions
- Flexible and multiple connectivity options
- Full height, tilt, and swivel adjustment
- VESA Compatibility
10) CUK Bionic B25GM (24.5" Full HD 1080p)
CUK has done a great job with the Bionic B25GM Full HD monitor. With its 1ms response time and AMD FreeSync technology, it is one of your best bets for buttery-smooth gameplay. Experience blur reduction with the much-coveted 240Hz refresh rate.
Perfect for increased responsiveness and a much more fluid gaming experience than what’s otherwise possible, this monitor is pure love for gaming lovers. And its sleek, thin bezel design means that you can flaunt it with pride. Now, let’s move on to its prominent features below.
- Comes with Overdrive Technology
- Its monitor stand has game-grade ergonomics with adjustable height, pivot, tilt and swivel capabilities
- You also get flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI with this monitor
- VESA mountable with 170° horizontal and 160° vertical viewing angles
- Height adjustment up to 3.75″ inches
- 400 cd/m² brightness with 1,000:1 contrast ratio
240Hz Monitor Buying Guide
The right gaming monitor can make a lot of difference in winning or losing a game. But how to choose one? Read this guide to know more.
First, let’s see the benefits that make a 240Hz monitor a definite must for competitive gaming.
Benefits of 240Hz Monitors
The 240Hz monitors can make your gameplay experience smooth and immersive. Here’s why you should consider including one in your gaming system.
- It reduces or eliminates motion blur
- Image transition is fast
- Reaction time gets improved
- Tearing and stuttering gets removed
- It gives clearer and sharper images
- You also get to enjoy flicker-free functionality
- It lowers the input lag to give you the best performance
Things you must consider before purchasing a 240Hz Monitor
Choosing the best 240Hz monitor requires you to consider a few things beforehand. Let’s find out what they are:
Screen size – When choosing a gaming monitor, get the perfect size that fits the space you have and helps you see the visuals in a better manner too.
Screen resolution – There is no denying that a screen with a high resolution produces better and sharper images. While a 1080 Full HD 240Hz monitor will provide stunning image quality, great refresh rate and response time, anything higher in terms of resolution may put an unnecessary burden on the graphics card and may result in screen tearing.
Viewing angle – Another important consideration is the viewing angle of the monitor, particularly if you sit at a place that’s not exactly in front of the monitor. So, if you need a wider viewing angle, look for a monitor that comes with it.
Stand adjustability – An adjustable stand will put less burden on your neck and eyes. You can get a monitor that comes with an ergonomic stand whose height can be adjusted and which can be tilted, swiveled and rotated as well for a great gaming experience.
Connectivity options – Every monitor comes with different connectivity options. Thus, if you need more USB connectivity options or hubs then look for a monitor accordingly.
- What does Hz mean in a 240Hz Monitor?
Answer: Hz means the refresh rate or the number of times a screen refreshes its image per second.
- Does a high refresh rate cause motion sickness?
Answer: No. You may have heard of a few such cases, but I firmly believe that a monitor’s refresh rate has nothing to do with motion sickness.
- Can you play games at 144Hz on a 240Hz monitor?
Answer: While I don’t find it a good option, but you can lower the refresh rate. However, understand that you are investing your money in a monitor with a higher refresh rate, so rather than lowering it, just enjoy its benefits.
- Does a 240Hz monitor come with a built-in speaker?
Answer: Most of the 240Hz monitors come with built-in speakers. If you really need your monitor to have a speaker, check its details before you order one.
Take your gaming passion to the next level
In the world of online gaming, there’s nothing better than beating your competitors with a faster response. So, get one of the best 240hz monitors and make hardcore gaming all the more fun.
I hope this article helped you pick the right 240hz monitor for your gaming passion. It’s about time you decided to bid adieu to delayed responses and react faster than your opponents.
Keep playing; keep winning.