Top 10 Best Kodi Box of 2023 - Buyer's Guide
It’s possible to get some relief from your hectic life with entertainment on the go. While your smartphone can pretty much keep you entertained for hours, the real fun is to catch up your favorite movies or TV series on the bigger television screen. So, if till now you were perplexed whether to get a Kodi box for audio and video streaming on your TV, take my word of advice: get it as soon as you can.
The best Kodi box open a wide world of entertainment for you. From YouTube to Amazon Prime Video, Netflix to Spotify and much more – there is so much to keep yourself hooked on to. All that you need is the right device. And, that’s why I have made this awesome list of the top 10 Kodi boxes that I have tried and enjoyed over the years. You can also check the buying guide to get the best little machine based on your requirements.
Best Kodi Box of 2023 - Expert's Pick
1) Amazon Fire TV Cube
Sometimes it pays to get your hands on the market leader to realize why it impresses so many people out there. That’s what I did by buying an Amazon Fire TV Cube and I couldn’t thank myself enough for doing that. This hands-free streaming media player with Alexa is one amazing device to satiate your thirst for that all-in-one entertainment.
Apart from its classy looks, I was in awe of the vibrant colors and detailed contrast it delivered in 4K Ultra HD and HDR. But it is packed with a long list of excellent features.
- Far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, and beamforming technology
- Comes with a built-in speaker
- 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps and HDR
- Gives access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes
- Allows you to launch and control content with the Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen)
2) Asus Chromebox 3
The ASUS Chromebox 3 offers a little bit of everything for the entertainment seeker in you. With the latest 8th Generation Intel Celeron Processors and DDR4-2400 memory, it is your best bet for faster, smoother performance. Plus, you can even run your mobile apps on this, thanks to the full support for Android apps from Google Play on Chrome OS.
To make data transfer hassle free, this device also comes with USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port. Here’s what else can you expect from the Chromebook 3
- 4GB DDR4 Memory, Gigabit LAN, Intel 11ac Wi-Fi and 32GB M.2 SATA SSD
- It supports dual 4K/UHD displays for sharp visuals
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Rear mounting VESA bracket
3) Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k
I am pretty sure that Amazon is pleasantly surprised with the success of its media streaming devices, particularly the Fire TV Stick 4K. This one comes with a lightning-fast processor and supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi. And the fact that it lets you search for stuff using voice commands makes it all the more incredible.
If you are looking for a streaming media device that gives you enough storage for apps and games, then this is what you should get. It also offers stunning 4K Ultra HD streaming at up to 60fps.
- Wi-Fi antenna design
- Comes with the Alexa Voice Remote to launch and control content
- 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+
- Apart from streaming videos, you can also stream music, view live camera feeds, check the weather, and even dim the lights using this stick
4) Nvidia Shield TV
Okay, I will admit it. The reason why I like the Nvidia Shield TV is because of its fast performance. It is one hell of a 4K HDR streamer which can be your game console, Plex media server, smart home hub, and a lot more than what you can even imagine.
Also Check : Top 12 Best Android TV Box of 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
So, it is a blessing in disguise for the cord cutters. And with access to live TV, DVR, and even live sports, it makes your life much more interesting. With built-in Chromecast 4K and Google Assistant it just gets better.
- It is a fully customizable and one of the best you can get today
- You can even view Google photos with this device
- It is Smart Home Ready
- It also let’s you search for entertainment with simple voice commands
- Google and Amazon Ecosystems
- It provides 4K HDR quality, immersive sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X surround sound pass-through
5) MINIX NEO U9-H
The first thing you would probably notice about the MINIX NEO U9-H is the way it provides a true home theater experience with its ability to support some of the most widely used file formats. And with up to 60 frames of video per second (fps), it gives stunning, smooth pictures.
In fact, you are sure to fall in love with the 4K Ultra HD feature of this device that produces absolutely crisp, life-like images for an immersive experience. Take a look at some of the key features of this brilliant Kodi box below.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology
- Fully licensed Dolby Audio
- Equipped with a powerful Octa Core processor,
- Unique passive cooling solution that prevents overheating
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS
- Built-in 16GB eMMC internal storage which is expandable as well
6) Amazon Fire TV Stick
The Fire TV Stick is as awesome as its successor the FireTV Stick 4K. The key reason for including it in this list is that it lets you start streaming on your HDTV in an instant. All that’s needed is to plug it in, and you are ready to enjoy entertainment like never before.
Plus, the Alexa Voice Remote helps you navigate and browse the content better with simple, voice commands. From getting access to millions of movies and shows to streaming music without even typing the words of the song you want to listen – this powerful stick let’s you do it all.
- Comes with Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen)
- Delivers the most comprehensive voice experience ever
- Allows you to experience entertainment without cable or satellite
- Let’s you switch between your headphones and sound system
- Provides enough storage for apps and games
7) Android 8.1 TV Box - Dolamee A95X
There’s no denying that the Dolamee A95XMAX is smart and intuitive. But then, it is so much more. It comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM and lets you enjoy 4K movies with its wonderful clarity and high responsiveness.
You can also play 3D games, watch TV shows, stream music, view pictures, surf the Internet, explore social networking calls, do shopping and make video and voice calls. And, it supports video decoding too. But, that’s not all! Here’s what else is packed in this amazing device –
- Android 8.1 OS with latest Amlogic S905X2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, up to 2.0Ghz CPU Ultra high frequency
- Supports Extra Hard Drive and TF Card
- Powerful 64-bit CPU and Dvalin Mp2 GPU to access 4K 2K up to 75fps
- 3D video playback
- Built-in HDR & HDMI 2.0 for better image processing
- Also supports VP9+/HDR 10+
8) Mi Box
If you are looking for something that can completely change your TV viewing experience, then get the Mi Box. With HDMI 2.0a, it can send video and audio output to your TV much faster than what’s otherwise possible.
And, the fact that it comes with up to 18Gbps speeds makes it a must-have for those who need a streaming device that can improve picture and sound quality. All in all, this box is perfect for those who want to create an HD world of entertainment at their home, thanks to its 4K Ultra HD and HDR video content.
- Android TV 6.0
- Quad-core Processor
- 4K HDR Support
- RAM 2GB, ROM 8GB with Bluetooth
- Google Cast from your favorite devices with iOS and Android
9) Raspberry Pi 3 (By CanaKit)
The Raspberry Pi 3 from CanaKit is one of my all-time favorite and the best Kodi boxes that I have ever used. For starters, it comes with a 64-bit quad core processor that runs at 1.4 Ghz which means all that you get is faster, smoother and crispier streaming.
Additionally, for those who have always wanted to learn coding, this one can be a boon as it helps you learn coding and explore computing. In fact, you can create your own retro gaming console with it. So, get it and transform your TV into a Media Center.
- 4 GHz 64-bit Quad-Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
- Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN, Enhanced Ethernet Performance
- USB MicroSD Card Reader
- CanaKit 2.5A USB Power Supply with Micro USB Cable and Noise Filter
- 32 GB Samsung EVO+ Micro SD Card (Class 10) Pre-loaded with NOOBS
10) EVANPO PLUS Android 7.1 TV BOX
EVANPO is one of the most popular streaming devices, and for good reason: it is affordable and comes with the powerful Amlogic S912 Quad Core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64 Bits. So, you get faster, more efficient and stable processing which is better than most of the other such devices.
It certainly outperforms competition with no freezing and buffering. And, the 3GB RAM & 32GB ROM high storage means you get to enjoy more speed and stability and run your apps, play games and watch content without any lags. Take a look at some of its other exciting features.
- Equipped with Android 7.1 and Amlogic S912 Octa core
- Supports 4K 60fps display
- Dual WIFI 2.4G and 5G Bluetooth 4.0
- 1000M Ethernet connection
- Supports 3GB DDR3 RAM 32GB eMMC ROM
- Comes with a new version H9 2.4G wireless keyboard remote with backlight
Kodi Box Buying Guide
Get access to an endless world of media and store it too by getting this device. But how to decide what’s the best Kodi box for you? Read this guide and you will find answers to most of your questions. But, first let’s check the benefits of this awesome device.
Benefits of a Kodi Box
Learn the benefits of a Kodi box and start using it to the fullest. Here you go…
- It lets you play your media library on the TV without any hassles
- It can support and play different media files
- You can play music in different formats be it AAC, MP3, or OGG
- You can create smart playlists and tag different tracks too
- When it comes to video content, you can play formats like ISO, H.264, 3D and much more
- A Kodi box also lets you stream content online
Things you must consider before purchasing a Kodi Box
The Kodi box is all about specs. Here’s what you must check before you invest your money in this device:
Storage – It’s important to learn about the storage that it offers, more so if you want to download and store a lot of stuff on your device.
USB – When it comes to USB ports, the more the merrier, as you will most probably use them for a wireless mouse or keyboard, and also to plug in your flash drive.
Display – Streaming content when the picture quality is not good is nothing but a waste of time and money. To enhance your video streaming experience, get a device that supports 4K videos.
Bluetooth – Bluetooth connectivity can help you transfer files with utmost ease. That’s why, when you pick a Kodi box, check if it supports Bluetooth or not.
- What content can I stream on a Kodi box?
Almost everything. From pictures to videos and audios, you can stream all types of content on this device.
- Do Kodi boxes work at any location?
Yes, as long as you have a television with HDMI port and internet connectivity.
- How do I know if this box will work on my TV?
If your television has an HDMI port, it will work with a Kodi box.
- Is it legal to buy and use a Kodi box for streaming content?
Of course, that’s the reason why there are a plethora of these devices to be bought today.
So, which Kodi box will you get?
Enjoy the powerful streaming capabilities and enhance your TV viewing experience with content that knows no bound. When you get this device, watching media content on the TV will never be the same. From millions of movies to TV shows and access to Live Sports, getting one can let you experience entertainment at its best.
I hope that this guide was helpful in choosing the right Kodi device. Leave your comments below and tell us which device did you get and how did it perform.