Top 10 Best CD Players of 2023 - Buyer's Guide
We love our mobile phones. That can’t be gainsaid. And, many of us love playing music on our mobile phones as well. While it is pretty easy, a true audiophile needs something more than that. And, if you are one, you will understand how your smartphone will never really give you the sound quality a good CD player can.
So, if you are a music lover but still haven’t invested in a quality CD player, you are missing on more than what you can even imagine. The best CD players in the market can make your music listening experience all the better.
And with so many options available today, you truly are spoilt for choices when it comes to choosing a CD player. However, what all should you consider before buying one? We will get to that later. But before that, let’s check my top 10 picks for the CD players.
Top 10 Best CD Player of 2023
1) Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System (works with Alexa)
Bose has been winning the hearts of music fans for decades now and with the Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV it becomes evident why. One of the highlights of this product is its connectivity with Alexa which offers voice control. Apart from playing CDs, you can even use it for online music services, Internet radio, stored music library, and to listen to AM/FM radio too.
In terms of speakers, there’s hardly any product that can beat Bose. This one comes with exclusive waveguide speaker technology that provides superb sound. Let’s check its other features below.
- Supports MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and Apple Lossless audio formats
- Wireless connection via Wi-Fi
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- One-touch access to music services
- High-performance sound from waveguide speaker technology
2) Marantz Premium Audio Sound CD Player
With a sleek design and features that guarantee a superb performance, the Marantz CD6006 leads the way here. A smart device that lets you place any compact disc you like, this one is a must have for every music enthusiast. And, you even get the option to choose your favorite tracks on its D/a converter which is specially made for iPod, iPhone and iPads.
Also Check : Top 10 Best Kodi Box to buy – Buyer’s Guide
Its built-in full discreet headphone amplifier is among the most covetable around and comes with hdam-sar circuit with three Gain settings. Here’s what else can you expect from this amazing product
- Double layered bottom plate and rigid feet
- Direct search through remote Keypad
- High resolution D/A conversion
- Comes equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution
- Unique playback features
- Marantz HDAM Technology
3) Tascam Professional Rackmount CD Recorder/Player
A professional-grade CD recorder along with a CD player is a truly sensible idea. The brilliant Tascam CD-RW900MKII Professional Rackmount CD Recorder/Player is known for its crystal clear sound quality and a rich playback function.
For those who want their CD player to record audio too, this one is sheer awesomeness. Its high-performance AKM codec captures audio with a wide dynamic range, which means you get excellent CD recording. And that is fuss-free too. All that it requires is some simple track division functions. You also get a rec-mute function to insert silence between tracks. Pretty splendid, right?
- Lets you track markers without a gap, enabling seamless continuous live recordings
- RAM buffer to store audio data in memory for smooth playback
- Comes with TEAC tray-loading transport
- Automatic track creation
4) Yamaha 5-Disc CD Changer Black
With Yamaha’s patented PlayXchange, the CD-C600BL 5-Disc CD Changer is a delight to operate. It lets you enjoy music without any interruption, thanks to its full opening disc tray which can change 5 discs at a time. And, sure enough, the change of tracks is pretty smooth without any lags.
Besides high performance DAC that enables high conversion precision with low noise, this excellent product also comes with a USB port for iPod and other devices. You can also check the CD title, artist’s name and track title through the CD text display that keeps you updated with the music that’s playing.
- CD-R / RW disc playback compatibility.
- MP3 and WMA compatibility
- Pure Direct mode
- Digital optical out connection
- iPod compatibility
5) Yamaha Natural Sound CD Player
Another one from Yamaha, the CD-S300BL Natural Sound CD Player is one of the best in the market. From MP3,WMA,iPod,CD-R/RW disc playback compatibility to high performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise, this one offers everything that an audiophile needs.
Also Check : Top 10 Best 240Hz Monitors to buy – Buyer’s Guide
But, what’s truly remarkable about this product is that it is quite easy to operate even with so many functionalities that it offers. Take a look at its key features below
- Laser pickup floating mechanism
- Comes with a Remote Control
- USB port for iPod and other devices
- Pure direct
- Intelligent digital servo
6) Tascam Rackmount Professional CD Player with Bluetooth Wireless
Tascam has certainly improved its game in the field of CD players to the point that it can be difficult to tell which of its products is the most awesome. The CD-200BT Rackmount Professional can pair up to 8 audio transmitting Bluetooth devices at once, which means you get the facility of easy and fast switching.
The product is also equipped with the aptX Codec to give you high audio quality and stable transmissions. Get this one if you are looking for a smooth loading drawer and low clamping noise.
- Supports playback of CD-DA and WAV/MP3/MP2 files
- 10-second shockproof memory to prevent skipping from vibration and other causes
- Its front screen displays the name of the device that’s being used
- It also comes with a wireless remote controller
- Delivers a smoother sound and decreased jitter
7) Sharp 5-Disc Micro Shelf Executive Speaker System with Bluetooth
With a solid make and high quality sound, the Sharp XL-BH250 Sharp 5-Disc Micro Shelf Executive Speaker System is everything that you need in a CD player. A system that is fully compatible with CD-R, CD-RW, WMA and MP3 formats, it also lets you hold up yo 5 discs at a time.
And, it’s not just that what’s fantastic. It also has Bluetooth capability so that you can stream music from your iOS or Android device without any difficulty. Plus, you get a remote control for accessing the system from a distance.
- Digital AM/FM tuner with 40 preset channels
- Headphone output
- Audio line-in and USB
- NFC touchpoint
8) Onkyo Compact Disc Player
The Onkyo C-7030 Compact Disc Player comes with VLSC for Pulse Noise Reduction. Its high quality 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC is difficult to surpass and it comes with custom designed transformers too.
If looks could kill, this one would have been long arrested for its impressive aesthetics. It has a solid aluminum front panel which is sleek and stylish to the core. Enjoy a number of features with this wonderful product, some of which are listed below.
- Differential Headphone Amp Circuitry
- Equipped with a high-precision clock to reduce timing errors
- Value for money
- High build quality
- 1/16 (1.6 mm)-thick flat chassis base that reduces unwanted vibrations
- 2 Digital Audio Outputs (Optical and Coaxial)
9) TEAC Compact Disc Player with USB and iPod Digital Interface
For my money, the TEAC CD-P650-B Compact Disc Player has given me a great music listening experience. And, I can’t let this device go out of my place. Not in the near future for sure.
Its high performance apart, it also comes with USB Port for iPod Digital Interface and USB Memory Rec/Play.
Additionally, you also get a Digital Audio Connection from iPod via USB Docking Cable. And, for those who love recording music, it features MP3 Recording from CD to USB Memory Device too.
- Audio Stereo Digital-to-Analogue Converter
- Remote Control
- 1/4 inches (6.35mm) Headphone jack with volume control
- Excellent D/A converters
10) Onkyo 6 Disc CD Changer
Another masterpiece from Onkyo, the DXC390 6 Disc CD Changer is terrific at its price point. Besides playing Audio CDs, it also plays MP3-Encoded CDs, CD-R/RWs* and has a long list of some other key features.
However, before we get into that, a bit about its performance. This CD player is your best pick for high-precision, multi-bit D/A converter and 128 x oversampling. And it is easy to use as well. Get it for its 6-disc capability, 6 repeat modes, 40 track programming, and a lot more.
- Brushed Hairline Aluminum Front Panel
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
- Direct Digital Path
- 40-track memory playback
- Analog, Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs
- RI compatible remote control
CD Player Buying Guide
Whoever thinks CDs are a thing of past, wouldn’t have got a chance to use the CD players yet. If you want to experience the best that the world of CD playback offers, keep reading this guide to find the right things to look. But, first, let’s understand the benefits of using it.
Benefits of a CD Player
From letting you listen to songs in a crystal clear sound to taking you down the memory lane with music that touched your heart once, a CD player can do it all. Take a look at some of its many benefits.
- It is multi-functional and many of the models let you listen to CDs, radio, and even to your MP3 players and iPods
- It delivers a sound quality much better than a regular MP3 player or your smartphone
- Storing CDs is much easier to save for the future than digital music
- Many contemporary CD players come with disc changers which means you can load more than one CD in the player at once and listen to a variety of music with ease
Things you must consider before purchasing a CD Player
CD players are here to stay. But what to consider while buying one? Take a look.
DACs – A DAC is a computer chip that lets you transform digital signals into physical sound. So, when picking a CD player, go for the one that has an impressive DAC for a great performance.
Speakers – If you are looking for a space saving option, then get a device that comes with built-in speakers.
Bluetooth connectivity – There is no denying that the main purpose of investing in a CD player is to play CDs, but having a Bluetooth connection could be an added bonus for those who would also like to play their digital music.
Build quality – Look for a CD player that’s solidly built and can last a long time to help you unwind with your favorite CDs.
- How to clean a CD player?
Take the CD out and turn off the device. Spray compressed air on the front to clean dust. Then using a damp cloth, clean the CD opening and the surroundings well.
- How to clean a CD?
Take a soft cloth or paper towel and moisten it with a bit of water. Wipe the CD from the center to the edge. Alternatively, you can simply wash it under running water. Once done, dry it gently with a lint free cloth and avoid rubbing while cleaning to prevent scratches and damage.
- How to take care of CDs?
Handle them by the outer edge or from the center hole. Label them using a non solvent-based felt-tip permanent marker and keep them away from dust. Also, when not in use, store them properly in their cases.
- Do CD players require repairs?
Yes. Just like any other machine, when a CD player gets damaged you need to fix it too.
Keep your love for music alive with CDs
Compact discs are pretty little music havens. Get the best CD player to enjoy music the old-fashioned way and let your love for music stay alive forever.
Which product did you choose from the list? Comment below and help your fellow readers pick the best of the lot with your reviews.