Top 10 Best Camping Chairs in 2019 - Buyer's Guide
You knew that a camping chair is one of the essentials of an adventure-and-comfort filled camping trip – but do you really know which chair to pick?
Well, if not, then you are at the right place. Fortunately for you, we have put together a list of the ideal camping chairs along with a handy guide so that you don’t head off to a camping adventure unprepared and don’t forget to carry your vlogging camera on this adventure.
But before getting down to these details, first let’s understand the importance of a camping chair.
Why do you even need a Camping Chair?
If you thought that you can pick any random chair to your camping trip, then you can’t be more wrong. Let’s just face it: you are going to spend a good part of your camping trip sitting. After all you wouldn’t want to stand for hours once you have spent your day hiking or exploring the nature in the wild!
This is where a sturdy, comfy and portable camping chair comes into the picture. However, with the large number of options available, finding the best camping chair can be a little overwhelming.
So, if you are looking for some great recommendations, we are happy to help!
Top 10 Best Camping Chairs (Selected by Experts)
1. Coleman Camping Chair with 4-Can Cooler
Tapping into the need of a camping chair that combines a cozy design with a handy built-in cooler, Coleman introduced this chair that boasts of a fully cushioned seat for optimum comfort.
The first thing you will probably notice about the Quad Chair from Coleman is that it’s significantly heavy-duty than most of the camping chairs. This is what makes it the ideal choice for those who are looking for a chair that is strong enough to hold a good capacity of weight. The real boon is that it comes with a mesh cup holder and side pocket – making it easier for you to store all your personal items and access them quickly too.
- Weight: 9 lbs. Dimensions: 24″ W x 37″ D x 40″ H
- Supports weight up to 300 lbs.
- This chair comes with a convenient built-in 4-can cooler pouch
- Completely cushioned seat and back give great support and comfort
- The collapsible, folding design of the Coleman Cooler Quad Chair makes it easy to store and carry
- Designed with adjustable arm rest heights
- Though it has a good weight capacity, this chair is compact and can be easily folded to fit in most of the car trunks
2. GCI Outdoor Portable Rocking Chair
When style and comfort combine with a soothing rocking action, you get the GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker camp chair. Even though it is constructed of sturdy powder-coated steel, the chair itself is lightweight and pretty convenient for carrying around.
Just like setting it up is easy as a breeze, it is extremely convenient to store and transport as portability comes to play.
What we loved the most about this chair is its Patented Spring-Action Rocking Technology which ensures that you get a smooth rocking motion no matter where you are. So, be it a lawn, patio or camp, you can sway in style with this comfortable and strong camping chair from GCI Outdoor which makes it one of the best heavy duty camping chair in the list.
- Weight: 12.1 lbs. Dimensions: 24 x 25 x 34.8 inches
- Supports up to 250 pounds
- Spring-Action Rocking Technology
- Patent-pending eazy-fold technology
- An integrated carry handle for easy transport
- Padded armrests
- 7-inch seat height
3. Alps Mountaineering King Kong Folding Chair
The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong is the de facto standard in camping. What’s most impressive about this camping chair isn’t actually the fact that it can fit in a carry bag or can be easily taken in tow, it’s the brand’s innovation to industrialize such a remarkable chair that has a sturdy powder-coated steel frame with 600D polyester fabric.
So, when you buy a chair as marvelous as this one, you can be sure of the quality and durability that you are getting from it. No wonder why it’s one of the best sellers from ALPS Mountaineering and the best backpacking chair of all time.
Available in three color options, this comfortable chair is pleasing to the eye and to the wallet as well and can be used as beach chair too. Beyond the basic stuff, the King Kong Chair’s features are impressive. Let’s take a quick look –
- Weight: 12.5 lbs. Dimensions: 38″ W x 20″ D x 38″ H
- 800 lbs. Weight Capacity
- Has a powder-coated steel frame
- Comes with a convenient shoulder carry bag for easy storage and transport
- Adjustable armrests with cup holders and side pockets
- Made up of 600D polyester fabric
4. AmazonBasics Camping Chair
Admittedly, there is something too cool about the AmazonBasics Camping Chair that it is one of the best camping chair that we have today. Besides being absolutely comfortable, it is also equipped with a cooler which makes it your go-to chair for not just camping but for sporting events and other fun gatherings too.
Design-wise, it’s drink savvy – giving you the comfort you need to enjoy your drinks on the go. And although it’s easily foldable and compact on size, it’s made of heavy-duty steel frame for added strength and stability.
There’s a choice of colors as well. Pick this chair in black or blue and enjoy the variety of features it offers.
- Weight: 9.9 lbs. Dimensions: 34″ W x 26″ D x 36″ H
- Supports weight up to 225 – 250 lbs.
- 16″ from floor to expanded seat
- Collapsible, folding design which makes this chair easily portable
- Comes with a built-in beverage-cooler pouch that can hold up to 4, 12-ounce cans
- Features nylon mesh fabric for better ventilation
- An integrated cup holder to hold an open beverage
- Has a storage pocket for storing books/magazines and personal items
- Includes a carry bag which makes transport and storage hassle-free
5. ENO Outfitters Lounger Camping Chair
Who says you can’t relax while camping? This DL Lounger from ENO will not only make you ready for adventure but also for relaxation. With four different color combinations to choose from, this chair can be the partner you needed when headed to the outdoors.
And from the comfort and durability perspective, it is absolutely trustworthy. You can sit on it for hours without having to worry about falling – thanks to its high-quality built and aluminium alloy frame.
For those who care about the aesthetics of everything they use, this chair offers some great looks while being minimalist at the same time. Wish to know about its incredible features? Here you go…
- Weight: 4.63 lbs. Dimensions: 37 x 23 x 32 inches
- Made from 210D ripstop nylon, this one is a strong and sturdy chair from ENO
- Designed using a durable aluminum alloy frame, it can support up to 250 pounds of weight
- It comes with two adjustable leg heights and two cup holders
- Has a convenient stuff sack for easy portability
- Features effortless shock-corded assembly
6. Coleman Big-N-Tall Quad Camping Chair
From Coleman comes another amazing chair that’s perfect for those who are big and tall and those who seek some extra sitting space while camping. In terms of functionality, it does exactly what it says.
The sturdy and elegant design of this chair gives you a perfect companion for your outdoor experiences. We are also a fan of its Seat Drain system that drains water or dew that gets collected in the sea. So, say no to wet chair while camping by letting this incredible product tag along. It gives you enough room for that added comfort and has some interesting features that make this a must-have for those who want an extra-large camping chair.
- Weight: 12.5 lbs. Dimensions: 38.2 x 7.9 x 7.1 inches
- Supports weight up to 600 pounds
- Oversize seat
- Large feet
- Features a Seat Drain System that empties collected standing water from the seat
- CellPort water-resistant cell phone sleeve lets you store your electronic devices conveniently in wet conditions
7. Big Agnes Helinox Camp Chair
Strictly for high comfort seekers, Big Agnes brought this camping chair which is extremely lightweight and offers great back and neck support.
It might be pretty easy to settle on any camping chair and sit on it during your next camping trip but you won’t understand the comfort you can get until you pick this one from Big Agnes. Of note to those who want their chair to be strong and durable, this one is made of anodized DAC aluminum poles and 600 polyester fabric. Which is why it offers unbeatable strength to its users.
All in all, the Big Agnes Helinox Camp Chair is quite simple to use yet loaded with many excellent features. Take a look.
- Weight: 3.2 lbs. Dimensions: 22 x 7 x 5 inches
- Can support weight up to 319 lbs
- This chair comes with a single shock corded pole structure
- It includes a storage sack
- It is lightweight and collapsible
- You can set it up quickly and easily
8. Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Portable Camping Chair
Stretching the definition of ‘comfort’ is Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Chair. This sturdy product is two inches wider and one inch taller in height and boasts of dual locks. It seems like Team Kijaro has been highly inventive over the years. After all, the inclusion of mesh airflow on the back and a cell phone holder proves that.
Speaking of its utility, it is great to take along with you, no matter whether you are going camping, tailgating or just to watch some sports.
Here are some of the features that make this chair one of the comfy camping chairs of its time.
- Weight: 14.7 lbs. Dimensions: 48 x 8 x 8 inches
- It can support weight up to 400 pounds
- This chair provides a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop polyester, and breathable mesh on the seat back
- Includes a carry strap and bag
- Equipped with 2 cup holders, an organizer with zip & mesh pockets, this chair is high on comfort and convenience
- The locks can be opened to get extra stability and shut for easy transport
9. Kelty Mesh Low-Love Seat Camping Chair
If you are looking for a super-comfy folding chair for your camping adventures that can accommodate two, then your search will definitely end at the Mesh Low-Love Seat by Kelty. From getting cozy in the wilderness to celebrations at the backyard, this camping chair is nifty for every situation.
In fact, there is a lot to like about this chair. Its mesh construction ensures that you don’t feel hot when the sun is shining too bright. And its lower base adds to the comfort.
This adjustable, multi-position recliner is a great choice if you want to stay closer to your loved one and gaze the stars while camping. Connecting with your love and nature isn’t difficult after all – right?
- Weight: 15.2 lbs. Dimensions: 34.5 x 11 x 11 inches
- Weight Capacity – 500 lbs
- Padded and multi-function chair
- Made up of durable steel frame
- Features a roll-tote storage
- Two insulated beverage holders
- Adjustable arm rests
- With a seat back that can recline slightly
10. SwimWays Kelsyus Original Canopy Chair
Big, sturdy, and portable, it won’t surprise you to learn that the Kelsyus Premium Canopy Chair is perfect for camping. But that’s not it. You can take it with you to the beach, at concerts and even sporting events. After all, you should be able to sit comfortably as and when you want.
With a familiar blend of sturdy powder-coated steel frame and a breathable, ergonomic mesh, this seat offers more durability than many of its contemporaries.
It’s got a canopy which provides 50+ UPF sun protection in the up position, and when the chair is folded, the patent canopy gets transformed into a bag for easy carrying. As for its features, they are as good as its quality.
- Weight: 12 lbs. Dimensions: 37″L x 24″W x 58″H
- Supports weight up to 250 lbs
- Comes with a canopy which provides 50+ UPF sun protection in the up position
- The patent canopy can be easily transformed into a bag for easy carrying
- Large cup holder with O-ring
- Has a breathable ergonomic mesh seat
- Oversized, ergonomic seat with rounded front
Camping Chair Buying Guide
Relaxing at the camp after a thrilling day is something that everybody loves. But finding solace amongst the rocks and trading off the comfort that a camping chair offers is a big no.
Keep reading and you will be surprised how this article will become your go-to guide, helping you through the challenging process of choosing that perfect camping chair for your needs.
Benefits of Camping Chairs
Your camping trip is incomplete without the right camping chair. Why so? Read on to find out the benefits that the best camping chairs can provide!
• They are comfortable and some offer ergonomic support as well
• You can find a camping chair for your weight and size
• They are long lasting
• They are loaded with features that make camping easy
• They help you keep your clothes clean
• These are portable and easy to carry, unlike regular chairs
Things you must consider before purchasing a Camping Chair
What all do you need to take care of when buying a camping chair? It’s time to find out!
Construction Material – The first thing you need to check in a camping chair is the material it is made of. While steel or aluminium frames are preferred more than other materials, polyester or ripstop nylon are great picks for the fabric.
Size/Weight Capacity – It’s important for buyers to consider the size of a camping chair and the max weight that it can support. As each person’s size requirements are different for a chair, so remember for whom are you buying the chair before making your choice.
Portability – How frequently are you going to carry the chair? The answer will help you decide whether you need to give due importance to the portability factor or not. If you are going to lug around the chair quite often and for long, consider buying a lightweight and easily portable camping chair.
Additional Features – There are several other features that play an important role in the selection of the right camp chair. From cup holders to coolers and adjustable armrests – understand what you need and go for a chair that has it all.
1. Are camping chairs washable?
Answer: Yes. But make sure you read the chair’s instructions for proper care.
2. Can the end caps on the bottom of the legs be purchased?
Answer: Yes. Most of the camping chairs have end caps that are replaceable.
3. How to clean a camping chair?
Answer: You can clean a camping chair with a mild detergent and warm water. Rub the solution on the chair using a soft brush. Once done, rinse using cool water. Again, ensure reading instructions before cleaning your chair.
4. How much weight should my camping chair be able to hold?
Answer: For long term use, it is advisable to invest in a chair that can support at least 250-300 pounds.
Let’s keep the discussion going
Tell us which camping chair have you used in the past and what did you love about it?Remember that camping is a fun activity that requires you to stay on your toes for the most part of it. Thus, when it comes to relaxing, pick a chair that offers optimum comfort and the right support to your neck and back.Have one less thing to worry about when spending time amid the nature. Sit well and enjoy your camping experience to the fullest.