Top 12 Best Android TV Box of 2023 - Buyer's Guide
After a long day at work, nobody really wants to surf through that same old, boring stuff on the television. Enters an Android TV box and the world of entertainment takes a giant leap. Well, that’s the beauty of this little thing that has changed the TV viewing experience across the world and continues to do so.
From getting access to a long list of channels to downloading apps, and streaming shows on popular streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Livestream, Vudu, and Hulu – the Android TV boxes available today can do all this and much more.
But how to decide which Android TV box is the right one for you? While it’s always great to have multiple options when it comes to picking a product you haven’t used before, sometimes the myriad choices make it difficult to differentiate between the good and the bad.
This is the reason why we have come up with this list of the top 12. So, let’s help you find the best Android TV box!
Top 12 Android TV Boxes - Expert's Pick
1) Amazon Fire TV Cube - with Alexa and 4K Ultra HD
The first thing you’ll notice about the Fire TV Cube is the fact that it is the first hands-free streaming media player with Alexa. This stunning device comes with far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, and beamforming technology, which means it can hear you from any direction.
Other plus points include a built-in speaker and access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps as well as HDR. Craving for more? Here’s a look at some of the other interesting features that this little device offers.
- Voice control compatibility
- Three-dimensional Dolby Atmos audio on select Prime Video titles with compatible home audio systems
- Vivid, lifelike colors
- Exceptional picture clarity
- Access to live sports
- Up to 4K Ultra HD with support for HDR, HDR 10
- 16 GB storage
- Ethernet support
2) NVIDIA SHIELD TV Gaming Edition | 4K HDR Streaming Media Player with GeForce NOW
In a sea of media streaming devices, the NVIDIA SHIELD TV Gaming Edition stands out with a strong feature set. Apart from being a streamer, it is also a game console, a media server, and a smart home hub.
With 4K HDR quality, immersive sound with Dolby Atoms and dots-x Surround sound pass-through, it is a delightful deal. The long list of premium features ensures that spending money on this one is worth it for you. Check them out here
- Fully customizable
- GeForce Now Beta access
- Get Limitless content
- Handsfree control with Amazon Echo & Alexa
- 2 USB Ports
- You get your own Personal Google as well
3) Xiaomi Mi Box - 4K Ultra HDR / Voice Search Remote
Those who are looking for a good deal without spending hours in research should go for the Original Xiaomi Mi Box. From enjoying Netflix shows to streaming vlogs on YouTube, this device lets you do it all and opens a whole new world of entertainment with its brilliant specs. Its one of the cheapest Android TV Box in our list.
It also gives you access to Google Cast from your iOS and Android devices. And its list of specs makes us one of the biggest fans of this powerful product. Let’s take a look at some of them below.
- Quad-core 4K WiFi
- DTS RAM 2G ROM 8G
- HDMI 2.0a
- Up to 18Gbps speeds
- Great for watching 4K Ultra HD and HDR video content
- Equipped with a Voice Search Remote
4) Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote
To put it simply, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K is the best of the best when it comes to streaming media players. What really differentiates it from the rest is the fact that it comes with the all-new Alexa Voice Remote and a lightning-fast processor.
Also Check : Top 10 Best Kodi Box to Buy – Expert’s Reviews
Amazon has kitted this product out with a Wi-Fi antenna design that’s optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming. Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the other cool features of this powerful device!
- Let’s you enjoy 4K Ultra HD streaming at up to 60fps
- The Fire TV Stick 4K gives access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+
- Stream content from apps like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, Pluto TV, IMDb Freedive, and many more
- Alexa Voice Remote lets you control TV shows and movies with your voice
- Powered by Quad-core 1.7 GHz Processor
- Comes with an 8GB storage
- Has dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) and supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks
- Equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 + LE
- Free cloud storage for digital content purchased from Amazon
- HDMI output and Micro USB (for power only) ports
5) EVANPO T95Z PLUS Android TV BOX 7.1 Octa-core
The EVANPO T95Z TV Box is a tech marvel. For starters, it is powered by Amlogic S912 Octa core, which makes it quite fast as well as stable. When you use it, you realize how quickly it runs and how amazing is its professional graphic processing ability.
By supporting 4K 60fps display, it becomes the ideal companion of those who seek smooth streaming. And, with an impressive spec list, it is a great buy at the price point. Here are some of its key features.
- Comes with a 3GB DDR3 RAM and 32GB eMMC ROM
- 4K x 2K output with 10/100/1000Mbps cable network
- 4K x 2K H.265 hardware video decode
- It has Bluetooth 4.0
- The excellent H.265 hardware can save 50% bandwidth resources giving superfast speed for clearer, better pictures
- The H9 2.4G wireless keyboard remote has a backlight option
- This box has an in-built 1000M Ethernet connection
- Equipped with dual WIFI 2.4G and 5G
6) Roku Ultra Android TV Box
Meet one of the best Android TV Boxes that deliver an ultimate streaming experience. The Roku Ultra is your go-to box for entertainment that provides an immersive experience.
It serves up a great wireless performance, thanks to its powerful quad-core processor. From fast streaming to rich colors and features like private listening and voice search, this device is a solid option for cord cutters. Bring it home and it won’t be long before you fall in love with the features of this remarkable product by Roku.
- Powered by the ever-impressive quad-core processor
- Dual-band wireless
- Free mobile app for iOS or Android
- Let’s you enjoy 500,000+ movies and TV episodes
- Comes with a user-friendly remote and pretty intuitive navigation
- Features a search option across top channels
- Voice remote with TV power & volume
- The Roku Ultra is equipped with a pair of headphones that enable private listening, lost-remote finder and night listening as well
- Gives over 75,000 entertainment options for free
- Crisp picture quality
7) YAGALA T95Z Plus Android 7.1 TV Box
Best cheap Android TV box with amazing features, the YAGALA T95Z Plus Android 7.1 TV Box is easy to set up and use. It is aimed towards people who need Android functionality for their TV without breaking the bank.
It gives you something close to the perfect mix of style and utility with its impressive looks and no-lag performance. Plus, it’s easy to install too. But, that’s not it. The specs column is pretty great. Check it for yourself.
- Powered by Amlogic S912 Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU and Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz
- Runs on the Android 7.1 operation system
- Featuring 3GB DDR3 RAM and 32GB EMMC ROM, this box offers the highest storage available in the market at present – for the speed and stability you need
- Supports 2.4G/5G Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- Supports 2.4GHz mini wireless keyboard with touchpad mouse via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- Support 4K resolution and H.265 VP9 decoding
- Features an HDMI 2.0 port
- Equipped with 10/100/1000M Ethernet Lan and Bluetooth 4.0
8) HAOSIHD T9 Android 8.1 TV Box
HAOSIHD has done some great things with the spec stuff on this T9 Android 8.1 TV Box. Featuring some of the extremely revolutionary functions, this box is certainly a must-have for those who want to play games, watch movies and TV shows without freezing and buffering.
With this device, you get no less than the updated Android 8.1 OS, which brings you better, faster and much more efficient performance as compared to its contenders. The picture quality is superb and so is the USB transmission.
- 4GB RAM, 64 GB ROM and 64 bit CPU mean you get high reaction speed and quick loading of apps and games
- Offers high-quality experience with 4K Ultra High Definition streaming capability
- Has built-in 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Supports Bluetooth 4.1
- Equipped with 100M Ethernet LAN
- Supports H.265 Video decoded
- 265 Hardware decoding can save 50% of bandwidth resources, you can watch movies fluently. Don’t worry about buffering
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface
9) SkyStream Two Streaming Media Player Android TV Box
The main focus of the SkyStream Two is to give you the freedom to stream from all your favorite streaming applications. It’s a single device for all streaming apps out there. Surely, the supreme gadget in the market – all that you need is to plug it in and start steaming your favorite movies, TV shows, and sporting events.
It has access to live sports and is known for its no-buffering performance. Away from the functionality, it features a stunning and sleek design too. That said, it’s time to check its key features now.
- Offers super easy set-up by connecting to any TV that has an HDMI port
- Comes with a 4K Ultra High Definition streaming capability
- Lets you enjoy one of the largest streaming libraries with immediate access to apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Instant Video, SlingTv, Hulu, as well as to Google Play Store & Amazon Underground
- Comes with Android 7.1.2 OS
- With SkyStream TV, this box gives you the option to watch over 65+ Live US Channels
- The Google Assistant built-in is a perfect add-on for those who want to control devices at the push of a button
10) GooBang Doo ABOX A1 max Android 7.1 TV Box
If you are looking for an Android TV box that offers great functionality with impressive looks, this is the one for you. The GooBang Doo ABOX A1 max Android 7.1 TV Box sits at top the list with lightning fast speed and an intuitive interface.
In addition, you also get great graphics and good sound quality. And it’s quick and easy to setup as well. Take a sneak peek at some of its amazing features listed below.
- It runs on the latest Android 7.1.2 OS
- With the powerful Amlogic Quad-core A53 processor running at 2.0 GHz, it makes streaming videos a breeze
- The Mali 450MP3 GPU ensures that this product has high-end video playback capabilities
- Has 2GB DDR RAM and 16GB ROM
- Memory is expandable up to 32GB via micro SD card slot
- 4K video decoding and HDR media profile
- The GooBang Doo ABOX MAX TV boasts of some great looks with its geometric detail and Nixie tube fire-new functions
11) NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Home Media Server
What will you call an Android TV box that has almost everything? A NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Home Media Server. Yes! This fantastic device is loaded with high-end features which makes it a preferred option for entertainment fanatics. For the smart device users, this is a boon as it can wirelessly connect and automate smart devices
And, the incredible game streaming feature can turn your TV into a gaming arcade like none other. You also get NVIDIA-powered cloud gaming on demand with GeForce NOW which lets you explore the world of SHIELD-exclusive Android games.
- Combine NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro with an Alexa device to add voice control
- Get Google Assistant Built-In
- Access to apps like YouTube TV, Hulu, and PlayStation Vue
- Enjoy live TV and sports
- Smart Home Ready
- Cast apps to your TV with Chromecast 4K built-in
- It comes with 4K HDR quality
- Equipped with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X surround sound pass-through
- NVIDIA-Powered Gaming lets you stream games from your GeForce-powered PC to your TV in 4K HDR at 60 FPS
- Experience the advantage of NVIDIA-powered cloud gaming on demand with GeForce NOW
12) GooBang Doo XB-III Android TV Box 7.1
Another masterpiece from GooBang Doo, the XB-III Android 7.1 TV box is full of exceptional specs. From the newest feature of 3DB antenna that supports IEEE 802.11 B/G/N that gives a performance that’s 4 times faster than others to its On/Off button and Nixie tube fire-new function – this product ensures that you’re getting your money’s worth from its capabilities.
For the fans of high-end tech, this phone is a boon to live with, given its High Definition Video Output of 4K*2K@30Hz. See what else this superb bit of kit has in store for you.
- The GooBang Doo XB-III runs on Android: 7.1.2
- Powered by Amlogic Quad-core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit and Penta-Core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
- Wireless: Support 802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4GHz
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB EMMC FLASH
- Adopted Aluminum Shell which means improved performance through the increased heat dissipation
- It features hardware 3D graphics acceleration
- Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45
Check our Recommendation on – Top 10 Best Cheap 144hz Monitors Reviews
Android TV Box Buying Guide
Now that the market is flooded with various options, finding a relevant and comprehensive buying guide is a must. Well, your search ends here. But first, let’s understand the benefits of this box!
Benefits of the Android TV Boxes
It’s taken that Android TV Boxes have been redefining modern living. And here’s how:
- They provide you a plethora of movies, TV shows to watch and enjoy
- They let you live a cord-free lifestyle
- No expenses on standard cable subscription
- Enjoy a great TV viewing experience with numerous features
- Surf the web on your TV
- Watch your favorite TV shows and movies on-the-go
Things you must consider before purchasing an Android TV Box
Read on to know what works best and what doesn’t when it comes to purchasing an Android TV Box.
Operating System – Once you have decided to buy an Android TV box, it becomes important to ensure that your chosen product comes with the latest version of OS for good optimization and performance.
Memory – There is no denying that when it comes to an Android box’s memory, more is better. That said, anything above 4GB would be futile.
Storage – As with other Android devices, storage can be a deciding factor here as well. Remember that there is an intimidating number of products in the Android TV Box market today. From storage options of up to 8GB to 32GB, you can get it all. But then again, you would most likely be using this box to stream videos. So, in case you aren’t an avid gamer, you can stick to basic storage options here.
Ports – Having a 4K TV is sort of becoming a norm these days. So, if you want to watch one at 60FPS, then getting an Android box with an HDMI 2.0 port is a must for better visuals and performance.
Another important deciding factor is the USB port. In case you want to stream videos from a USB flash drive or external hard disk, then go for an Android TV box that comes with a USB 3.0.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What video formats can an Android TV box support?
There is no fixed type of format that an Android TV Box supports. But more often than not, most of them support these formats:
- Will my Android Box work anywhere?
Yes. As long as you have an active internet connection, you will be able to use it from anywhere, at any time.
- Can I surf the web with an Android TV Box?
Yes. All that you need to do is to use the web browser option in the main menu and you can surf the web in a hassle-free manner.
- How can I install Kodi on my Android TV box?
You can do it in two ways:
- Install it via the Google Play store
- Sideload the Kodi APK
- What Internet speed will I require to stream videos on an Android TV box?
It all comes down to the picture quality you desire. Generally, you should have an Internet speed of 5 Mbps to experience good quality streaming on your device.
To sum it up
Now that you know what’s the best out there, we hope you will find the best Android TV box for your needs.